You are here
Developing Reading Comprehension at KS1 & KS2
Thursday 7th November 2019 1.15pm - 4.30pm
Would you like to help your pupils to understand and enjoy their reading? This course will focus on the explicit teaching and application of reading strategies and skills in order that pupils acquire and apply the skills needed for them to actively engage with texts and comprehend what they have read.
The course will:
- develop an understanding of the strategies and skills needed for pupils to understand and enjoy reading
- consider the possible barriers to reading comprehension
- explore practical, creative classroom approaches for developing core and higher order reading skills through a range of texts and media
Feedback from previous delegates:
100% of delegates said it was either excellent or good value for money and 100% of delegates said it was either extremely useful or very useful for their current role.
In addition, delegates said they had come away with:
- lots of ideas for activities to improve comprehension
- ideas for how to use the read aloud/think aloud model
- examples of texts and resources ideas