You are here
Our work in helping some of Oxfordshire's most disadvantaged primary pupils is more vital than ever, but we are funded almost entirely by donations. To support the work we do, simply click here. All donations, no matter how big or small, will help us in our quest to improve the life chances of thousands of children.
At Quest for Learning we firmly believe that education expands our horizons, fires our imagination, and gives us pleasure and opportunity in life. But not all children flourish at school and unfortunately our programmes remain as relevant, in demand and impactful as they did 24 years ago when we were founded.
We know that the challenge is huge:
- pre-Covid, nationally, disadvantaged pupils ended primary school on average 9.2 months behind their peers
- in Oxfordshire, the gap between the poorest children and their classmates was even higher, at 11.5 months
- a recent study by National Foundation for Education Research suggests the attainment gap has widened by 5 months since March 2020
Fortunately, we also know that the work we do makes a real difference:
- pupils achieved up to 32 months progress in reading accuracy after just 6 weeks
- pupils achieved up to 41 months progress in reading comprehension after just 6 weeks
- 77% teacher expected pupils to achieve better assessment results as a result of our Maths programme
To read more about our impact, you can read our annual report here.
If you believe that every child deserves a chance to achieve their potential, regardless of income or background, you can donate here. Alternatively, take a look at the other ways in which you can help by clicking on the tabs at the top right of the page, or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.