You are here
Our vision is that every child who is potentially disadvantaged through difficulties with literacy and/or numeracy is inspired to become a successful independent learner.
Our mission is to inspire young minds by providing quality teaching and training that supports children in mastering skills in literacy and/or numeracy.
- Every child has the ability to progress.
- Every child has the right to learn in an environment which feels safe and inspiring to them.
- Every child deserves to feel valued and listened to in a way that confirms their thoughts and opinions matter.
- The welfare of each child is paramount.
- Children are encouraged to see themselves as successful independent learners.
- The child’s parents/carers are respected and valued as the child’s primary educators. They are supported to become actively involved in the learning process.
- Teaching is tailored to the needs and personal strengths of each individual learner.
- All tutors are specially trained and receive ongoing professional development in order to achieve the highest possible standards in their teaching.
- Adults who support children’s literacy and numeracy development should have access to the highest quality professional development training.
- Training should be innovative and inspiring, empowering those working with children to support them according to our teaching values.
- Training meets the needs of school staff and pupils and helps schools to raise standards.
- All delegates are valued equally and their skills and experience as educators are respected. Training builds on the individual expertise of delegates.